Friday 28 November 2008

Everybody happy

You can’t make everyone happy. It’s a sweet thing to try, but it just doesn’t work. Usually you make yourself unhappy in the process and most of the time someone else ends up upset or pissed off as well. I’ve learnt it the hard way, but I have. Now it looks that I’m going to have to deal with the problem from the other side.
There are a few really good Polish expressions that would sum up the situation perfectly, unfortunately none of them translate properly to English. Like ‘masz babo placek’. Or, even better, ‘widziały gały co brały’.
Oh well. I suppose I’ll just have to live with it.
Unfortunately living with it at this particular moment is not the easiest thing as high doses of antibiotics mess up my system, making me feel tired and sick all the time (as if dealing with the lack of sunlight wasn’t enough on its own).
Enough moaning though, am going to see the Nutcracker with Naomi tonight. Should take my mind off things.

3 comments:

GrandAnglais said...

I know what it's like in winter, you just want to hibernate. Take plenty of vitamins(Berocca is good).
Enjoy the ballet.

Anna said...

Thanks!

szare eminencje zachwytu said...

Gdy próbujemy uszczęśliwiać wszystkich naraz, źle na tym wychodzimy.

Czasem niestety trzeba wybrać uszczęśliwianie siebie - zwłaszcza w skomplikowanych relacjach toksyczno-rodzinnych...


Bardzo lubię kiedy opisujesz swoje sny. Dzięki podanemu przez Ciebie dream moods wreszcie dowiedziałam się co znaczy prześladujący mnie sen o tym, że krwawię. (niestety nie chodzi o menstruację, która ma jak widać znakomite znaczenie :)

Daj znać kiedy pojawisz się w Polsce.

Całuję:)