Wednesday 19 November 2008

Dream number 1

There are dreams that you forget as soon as you open your eyes, others stay with you after you wake up. Sometimes they’re clearly embedded in your current situation, sometimes they seem completely unrelated – or so it would seem. Personally, I believe that your dreams, especially the latter kind, are the way your subconscious is talking to you. The problem is to understand them.
Lately (within last couple of months or so) I’ve had three of such dreams. I think I know why – my life has changed a lot and my subconscious wants me to deal with it properly. The problem is that I’m not sure what it wants to tell me exactly. But enough introductions, here’s dream number one (dating around 2 months ago):
I am on my way home and I can’t wait to get there, cause I’m tired and I want my bed. Unfortunately, when I get there, I find that the person whom I left in charge (I don’t know who that is, an anonymous person) rented the rooms out to wrong people. The house is a mess and it is noisy. I go to the first floor (attic?) to talk to the said person in charge, then I come back downstairs and face the troublesome strangers. There is an argument, I shout a lot, but manage to kick them out.
Now, a house is the dreamer’s own soul and self. But what about the troublesome strangers?
Any thoughts?

to be continued…

5 comments:

szare eminencje zachwytu said...

Z pewnością jest symboliczny, ale żeby go dobrze rozgryźć trzeba by o nim porozmawiać :)

Fascynują mnie sny.
To, co chcą nam powiedzieć.
Lubię poranne opowiadanie snów i wieczorne dochodzenie we dwoje do tego, o czym tak naprawdę dany sen mówi.

Twój sen skojarzył mi się z wierszem "Wszystko cieknie" Świetlickiego:


Nie śnij się. nie śnij. W którymś śnie się utop
tak ostatecznie i nie przyśnij już się.
Robisz mi nieporządek w chaosie. Aż muszę
zaraz po przebudzeniu kląć bezgłośnie, żeby
ciebie odpędzić. Do mojej przeszłości
wprowadzili się obcy, nawet nie wiem kto,
leżą przy tobie na tapczanie, sprawnie
- uczciwie za drzwi wypychają, tak że
to nie jest teraz moja przeszłość. Dzisiaj odwilż.
I wszystko cieknie. Wszystko cieknie.
Niszczeją wszelkie trwałe formy.
Budzi się z zimy rozedrgany ustrój.

Anna said...

Wiersz bardzo, bardzo, acz nie wiem czy go do końca rozumiem. Będę musiała go sobie poczytać.
Dzięki!

GrandAnglais said...

Sounds like you're having issues of trust and insecurity, but I'm no dream analyst. Reading between the lines, and not really knowing much about you, I'd say this would be quite normal for someone trying to adjust to life in a foreign country. But I could be wrong. My dreams make no sense at all.

My word there are a lot of k's and z's in Polish!

GrandAnglais said...

And w's!

Anna said...

We do like our consonants indeed!
And I think you're right about the dream, although I don't think it's about adjusting to living in a foreign country. This is not the first time I'm doing it and also I think that adjusting to England is way easier than adjusting to France was. My guess it's about adjusting to not being single anymore!
And I'm sure your dreams make a lot of sense, you just need to figure them out...