Tuesday 25 November 2008

Dream Number 3

As the days get shorter, I tend to get gloomy and grumpy and life seems generally blah. I suppose I could continue on that note, but there’s really no point – it’s all light depravation, nothing more, nothing less. So instead – here’s dream number 3.

I’m at my high school reunion. I see my schoolmates and, inevitably, the guy I was hopelessly in love with while at school. He has grown a beard and looks seriously silly, cause the beard is really just irregular tuffs of hair here and there. I go to the loo that the organisers’ have given me the key to. Then there is a break and we go back to the hotel before the evening conference. I realise that I need to go to the loo again, this time to change a tampon (sorry if this is too much information, but it’s just a dream). I go to hotel loos on different floors but they are all filthy. The conference centre is too far. I want to do what I have to do in my room, but I’m sharing it and there are other people there. I keep trying to find a clean toilet, but they are all horrid.

Again, this is not my first dream of filthy stalls. The difference is that until now I always needed them for a simple wee and ended up resolving to using the least filthy one. And it all took place back in high school.

Here’s what Dream Moods has to say on the subject:
“To see an overflowing or flooded toilet in your dream, denotes your desires to fully express your emotions.”
“dreams of needing to go to the bathroom, suggest [the] need to let go of some relationship that has ran its course” – but I manage that, so that’s done. I presume my subconscious is giving me a clap for killing prince charming by letting me wee in a clean loo. Finally: “To dream of menstruation, indicates that you are releasing your pent-up tension and worry. It signals an end to your difficult times and the beginning of relaxation. It may mean that some creative energy is being released or recognised.” - I certainly hope so!

2 comments:

GrandAnglais said...

On this one I'm struggling! Thought at first maybe you had some compulsive-obsessive disorder about cleanliness, but I think maybe that's too literal an interpretation. Perhaps it represents fear, I really couldn't say.

Anna said...

I have to say that as far as I have figured out the other two, this one is still a mistery... Well, maybe one day the meaning will dawn on me!