Friday 21 November 2008

Dream Number 2

This one is from around a month ago.
I am driving somewhere through a city. I’m enjoying the drive but in the same time I feel the need to get wherever I’m going on time. Suddenly, I realise that I do not have a driver’s license and that if I get stopped, I will go to jail. My driving is impeccable and there’s no reason why I should get stopped, nevertheless I pull over and stop the car. Then I get out and I ask a passer by to park it for me.

Again, from what I know, driving is the dreamer’s life journey and path in life. Losing your driver’s license is losing your identity or the autonomy to move towards your goals. But I have never had a driver’s license (and I know it perfectly well in the dream). So?

This dream is not a new one – I’ve had it several times already. The difference is that until now, when I realised I didn’t have a driver’s license, I kept on driving just being extra careful. This is the first time I actually stop the car.

2 comments:

GrandAnglais said...

I think it shows that things are getting a little too fast for you. You're getting ahead of yourself...and you're a little scared.

Anna said...

Probably. But since driving is being in control in your life, it could also mean that I'm giving it over. Which is scary. But also kind of refreshing...