Thursday 28 February 2008

Too nice for my own good

During form time today I asked the form tutor I’m working with for advice on behaviour management. In her opinion, what works best is when the whole class feels responsible for the behaviour of individual pupils, which means class detentions in case if only a few are chatting when silence is required. I said I would feel horrible punishing the good ones along with the disruptive ones, but decided that I would still give it a try. As we were leaving the room, one boy sitting close to us said in a sympathetic tone: “Miss, you’re too nice for your own good...”. Guess being nice can be a problem…
On the other hand, the Evil Year 9 were really good today. I went there prepared to give out detention after detention and I ended up giving out loads of ‘bravo stamps’ for good work. We’ve even achieved complete silence three times! Not that it ever lasted more than a couple of seconds.
Anyway, three lessons still to plan for tomorrow, so I’d better get to it!

No comments: