Thursday 22 May 2008

The Perfect School

I’ve spent so much time around people marvelling at what a wonderful teacher I was that I ended up really believing it. The downside of it was that I also believed when they said any school would be lucky to have me. So I was confident. And apparently my lesson was excellent, my answers perfect, but somehow someone else got the job. I knew that would happen as soon as I saw her name on the candidates list. And I’m happy for her, and all, but it remains that I had time to persuade myself that this was my perfect school and well, I have quite a lot un-persuading to do.
And, quite frankly, I’m just tired. So tired that I’m not sure that I have enough energy for another one. So tired that I’m starting to wonder what the hell I’m doing. Cause maybe I would have been better off if I had put all that stupid curiosity in the bottom drawer, married my first boyfriend and lived dully ever after. My mother for one would have been thrilled.

No comments: