Thursday 17 April 2008

Stealing hugs and feeling human

We had a group teaching event today so I saw all people from my programme, well at least the French/Spanish lot.
Lyndsey’s got a boyfriend! Yay to that one!
Vincenzo and Paul are still Vincenzo and Paul, and I’m still worried, but well, suppose that they’re big boys and they know what they’re doing.
Carmen (my uni tutor) said I looked happy. I guess I am happy, if you forget not having a life.
But I’ve squabbled with Vincenzo and stolen so many hugs that it almost makes me feel human again.
I had very ambitious plans as to how I would use the time freed by the fact that I had less lessons to plan – on top of today’s thing, tomorrow’s a course work moderation day and next Thursday the National Union of Teachers strike – but it’s pretty obvious by now that I will not do half of what I’ve planned. I think I’ll just pop a frozen pizza into the oven, take a shower and watch CSI, while wallowing in this feeling of human closeness and love.

No comments: