Thursday 12 November 2009

Cheddington

Another walk last weekend – this time without any animals ganging up on us. We did walk past a few horses who observed us attentively making us feel uneasy after the Wing cows experience, but luckily they made no attempt at intimidation.
The walk is picturesque, a big part goes along the Grand Union Canal with a double lock and we’ve spotted a few lovely thatched cottages – apparently it is very expensive to own a thatched roof as it requires a lot of maintenance.
This time we also managed to eat at the pub – The Old Swan – and it was delicious! I had a roast with the best Yorkshire pudding I have ever had. I do recommend it (in case you’re ever in Cheddington…).

2 comments:

Carina said...

I believe thatched rooves need to be treated every three years and entirely replaced every ten... I think?

Anna said...

You will have noticed that I changed the name of the post... yes, got the name of the village wrong... oops.