Monday 8 June 2009

Taking a cab

Relatively often I take a cab from work. Mostly to New Street when I'm on my way to MK. Sometimes home. There are four gates to the school, in three different roads. I always book it for the main entrance. I once booked it for gate B, when I had a meeting on that side of the school. And ever since, no matter how many times I repeat that I want it from the main entrance my cab gets inevitably sent to gate B. And the scenario's always the same - the poor cab driver calls me cause he can't see me, I can't see him either cause he's in a different parking lot, and he has to drive to where I am or I run like an idiot to where he is. Which bit of 'main gate' is so hard to understand?
And today, while waiting for my cabbie to make his way to where I was once we'd agreed that it wasn't where he'd got sent to, I called the company again and ranted about it. I mean, how many times can you do that? I expected an apology. I got: If the driver didn't listen then it's not my problem! I said: Well, it would be something like 6 different drivers by now that didn't listen. That's not very likely, is it? To which he replied: I said gate C lady, not my problem.
How nice.
And then the driver told me that the guy did not say anything at all. He sent a message through a thingy which, as clear as day, said 'M School, Gate B'.
Idiot.

Another thing: when the cab gets into my street, I invariably say: Anywhere here, on the right will be fine. And the cab driver invariably pulls in on the left.
Maybe they don't listen after all.
Regardless of the thingy.

No comments: